Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Compliance Declaration
Hospital services provided for consultants – CMA Compliance
In October 2014, the Competition and Markets Authority (the CMA) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the ‘Order’) following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The Order imposed requirements on private hospital operators to disclose certain information in relation to referring clinicians (as defined by the Order) for the benefit of patients. Full details about the investigation and the Order can be found on the CMA website here. The information provided by The Foscote Private Hospital below is required by the Order.
Higher-Value Services that are provided by The Foscote Private Hospital
- Consultants are charged £15 per hour for using consulting rooms at this hospital (except in relation to NHS patients), which represents a fair market rate. Consulting rooms are made available on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
- We do not provide secretarial support to Consultants at the Foscote Private Hospital, except in relation to NHS patients.
Low-Value Services that are provided by The Foscote Private Hospital
We provide a number of support services to our consultants, for which we do not make a charge.
General Services are provided to ensure clinical safety including:
- Chaperone support, in-house training, operational services to ensure a smooth patient pathway as part of normal business such as patient admission, administrative and billing, and insurance and indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of NHS patients.
Basic Workplace Amenities are provided including:
- Stationery, free tea and coffee, subsidised meals on site, free car parking, to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally.
General Marketing & Promotional Services including but not limited to:
- Production of consultant directories and website profiles (digital and print), production of general marketing material (digital and print) as well as literature, general promotional events such as hospital based and offsite seminars.
Equity Participation Schemes
There are no consultants with financial interests in equipment used or services and facilities operated within or at The Foscote Private Hospital.
Corporate Hospitality Events for Referring Clinicians
The Foscote Private Hospital does not host or contribute to corporate events for referring clinicians.
There are no consultants holding part-time positions at The Foscote Private Hospital.
Clinician Advisory Services
There are no paid services provided by referring clinicians to The Foscote Private Hospital, in addition to their exercising Practising Privileges at this hospital.
Further useful outcome statistics for The Foscote Private Hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website here.