Dr Horace D’Costa
Consultant Gastrointestinal Radiologist
- Plain Film
- Contrast/Barium Fluoro Imaging
- General and Gastrointestinal Radiology
Training & Background
- Qualifications: BSc MBChB FRCR FRCPS
- Year first qualified : 1986
- GMC number : 3134867
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr D’Costa was previously a surgeon. He was professor Sir Alfred Cuscheiri’s SHO/Registrar in Dundee before joining the Radiology training programme in Plymouth.
After the training programme Dr D’Costa moved on from there as a Senior Registrar to Bristol. He received a BSG travelling fellowship in Paris having an attachment with Lauren Palazzo. After this he was then appointed in Oxford in 1998.
Research & Teaching
Dr D’Costa has published a number of papers on Gastrointestinal Radiology Topics.
He was the Postgraduate District Tutor for the Oxford Deanery. During this post Dr D’Costa was responsible for the Horton and with the JR Tutor, they introduced the Foundation training programme in Oxford.
Dr D’Costa has been the lead for the Oxford Bowel Cancer screening programme since 2010 and is a Professional Clinical Advisor for Radiology in relation to the NHS Bowel Cancer screening programme.
To date Dr D’Costa has done 15,000 CTCs, the highest in it’s region!
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology
- European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology
- Oxford Gut Club