Dr Ian Arnold
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Valvular heart disease
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MBBS MA MD FRCP
- Year first qualified: 1979
- GMC number: 2494733
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr Arnold qualified in 1979 from Oxford University and University College Hospital, London. Following general medical training in various hospitals, including Charing Cross Hospital, London, he undertook specialist cardiology training in Leicester.
Dr Arnold was then appointed as a consultant cardiologist in Oxfordshire in 1994 and has had extensive experience in cardiac conditions over the last 24 years. This covers arrhythmias, ischaemic (coronary) heart disease, heart failure, hypertension and valvular heart disease, all of which may present with symptoms such as chest pain, palpitations, blackouts or breathlessness.
Research & Teaching
Dr Arnold was awarded the degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) in 1994 from Leicester University for his cardiology research. He regularly teaches undergraduates from Oxford University and junior doctors within the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the British Cardiovascular Society
- Member of the British Medical Association