Mr Anton Fries
Consultant Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Gynaecomastia surgery
- Base of thumb arthritis surgery
- Carpal tunnel release surgery
- Cubital tunnel release surgery
- Dupuytren's disease excision
- Hand trauma surgery
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MB BChir MA (Cantab) MSc FRCS (Plast)
- Year first qualified: 2003
- GMC number: 6086893
Mr Anton Fries completed his medical degree at The University of Cambridge in 2003. He has since completed his surgical training, passing the FRCS(Plast) exam in 2016 whilst in the West Midlands and South West of England.
Mr Anton Fries has a keen interest in international surgery. He travels to Manila every year to perform pro bono cleft lip surgery and is now the medical advisor to the board of Operation Restore Hope on mission in Africa and Central America.
Research & Teaching
Mr Anton Fries spent two years conducting research into reconstructive transplantation whilst in San Antonio, Texas. In his final year, he traveled to Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, where he completed an advanced microsurgical fellowship. He was awarded the MSc in Microsurgical Reconstruction from Chang Gung University, Taipei. He continues to pursue academic practice and has published over 40 peer-reviewed papers.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Society of Surgeons of the Hand
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- International Society of Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons