Professor Afshin Mosahebi
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
- Scars and keloids
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast uplift (Mastopexy)
- Trauma & oncological breast reconstruction
- Complex soft tissue reconstruction
- Skin cancer
- Body contouring
Training & Background
- Qualifications : MBBS FRCS FRCS(PLAST) PHD MBA
- Year first qualified : 1994
- GMC Number: 4067137
- Main NHS base : Royal Free Hospital
Professor Mosahebi graduated from Guy’s & St Thomas medical school, University of London. His plastic surgery training was undertaken in some of the most esteemed hospitals in both London and New York City.
His area of expertise is body sculpturing and breast re-shaping. Professor Mosahebi has extensive experience in facial rejuvenation both surgically and using non-surgical techniques.
Research & Teaching
Professor Mosahebi has numerous publications and has lectured extensively worldwide. He is involved in pioneering research work on regenerating new tissues through new biomaterials & tissue engineering as well as clinical trials in innovative techniques in wound healing.
He is on the editorial board of the Aesthetic surgery Journal, Hon Secretary of BAAPS, past President of Royal Society of Medicine (plastic surgery section) and has served on the United Kingdom specialist advisory committee for plastic surgery.
He is also on the advisory panel for Health education England regulation on non-invasive aesthetic treatments.
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic & Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Royal Society of Medicine