We provide a number of specific orthopaedic, general surgery and gynaecological procedures at The New Foscote Hospital as part of the NHS e-Referral service (formerly known as Choose and Book). These are the following:
- Repair of femoral hernia
- Repair of inguinal hernia
- Repair of umbilical hernia
- Arthroscopy of the knee
- Carpal tunnel release
- Dupuytren’s contracture surgery
- Ganglion removal
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Hip surgery
- Hip replacement
- Knee surgery
- Knee replacement
- Trigger finger treatment
Once you have given approval for the patient to use the NHS e-Referral Service, the patient will receive a referral letter which will contain a reference number and password which they will need to log-in, together with their year of birth, on the e-Referral page of the NHS website.
The New Foscote Hospital can be found under The New Foscote Hospital.
Exclusions from our NHS e-Referral provision
Under our contract with the NHS we are, unfortunately, unable to accept the following patients for NHS e-Referrals (Standard Acute contract 2012):
- a patient with incapacitating disease that is a constant threat to life
- a patient who has an unstable mental condition and is receiving psychiatric treatment
- a patient who is grossly obese with a Body Mass Index of greater than 40
- surgery for patients under 18-years-of-age
Please click here for NHS information on patient choice and e-Referrals.