General surgery is often focused on surgery required in emergency situations or acute problems within the abdominal area. It encompasses a broad range of treatments including trauma to the abdomen and thorax, issues affecting the kidney, pancreas, breasts, gastrointestinal tract as well as certain skin conditions.
Our general surgeons perform a number of specialist surgical procedures, using minimally invasive techniques to treat your condition.
General surgery is spilt into sub-specialities due to the broad range of surgical procedures that can be carried out.
Here at The New Foscote, our surgeons treat conditions from hernias and gall bladder removal to elective diagnostic laparoscopy and removal of benign skin lesions.
General Surgery Procedures
- Epigastric hernia repair
- Femoral hernia repair
- Incisional hernia repair
- Inguinal hernia repair (male)
- Inguinal hernia repair (female)
- Paraumbilical and Umbilical hernia repair
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Cholecystectomy - Laparoscopic (Gall Bladder Surgery)
- Cholecystectomy - Open Surgery (Gall Bladder Surgery)
- Anal fistula removal
- Haemorrhoid removal
- Pilondial sinus removal
- Elective diagnostic laparoscopy
- Removal of benign skin lesions
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Faecal incontinence
- Rectal Prolapse
- Colorectal Cancer