Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery
Maxillofacial and oral surgery is an internationally recognised medical discipline that focuses on treatments involving the face, neck, jaw and mouth.
Professor Kaveh Shakib is a renowned Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. The treatments he offers include specialist treatments for the mouth, jaw, face or neck.
The quality and care Professor Shakib demonstrates in his procedures has allowed him to reach the stage of being on the specialist register with both The General Medical Council (GMC) and The General Dental Council (GDC).
A key part of his work is advanced treatment providing life-changing support for patients with facial, or jaw deformity and others who require facial reconstruction.
Our Oral Consultant Mrs Catherine Sternberg is an experienced surgeon with over 20 years of experience working across Oxfordshire, Hampshire and other areas. Catherine is often completing complex extractions and procedures. Due to the nature of her work, Catherine makes sure her patients feel as relaxed and confident about the process as possible with her reassuring and compassionate nature.
Maxillofacial and Oral Procedures
- Removal of wisdom teeth
- Surgical extractions
- Mouth swellings, cysts
- Lumps on the lips or mouth
- Lumps of the face
- Jaw deformity
- Jaw pain
- Orthognathic surgery
- Jaw joint problems (TMJ arthroscopy)
- Skin cancer surgery of face and neck
- Salivary gland disease
- Dental implant surgery and bone augmentation
- Facial trauma: fractured jaw, cheek bones or eye socket
- Facial Pain: TMJ dysfunction
- Oral Medicine
- Investigation and surgery of neck lumps
- Head & Neck micro-vascular reconstruction
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- Facial gender reassignment surgery