Our latest job vacancies
Start your career with The New Foscote Hospital today!
Do you want to join an energetic dynamic and progressive team? Also looking to work in a non-bureaucratic environment that promotes its staff to think outside of the box?
The New Foscote Hospital would love to hear from you!
Please see below for our latest jobs.
The New Foscote Hospital is looking for an experienced dynamic and organised Senior Nurse – Matron with a proven background in a Surgical setting to lead and inspire the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hugely reputable organisation and provide the highest standards of care.
In this role, you will be responsible for the nursing care of the outpatient, operating theatres and wards, clinical governance, infection control, liaising and working together with other head of departments and report into the hospital’s Chief Operating Officer. The duties of the Matron include:
- Provide visible nursing leadership.
- Ensure “very good” standard of CQC compliance.
- Manage clinical governance and infection control.
- Ensure your hospital provides safe and effective care to people experiencing a diverse range of surgical and medical interventions.
- Deliver effective operational management and inspirational leadership.
- Champion improvement to clinical standards, care and service across wards, theatres, outpatients, pharmacy, radiology, imaging, cardiology and pathology.
- Provide strategy and direction for the hospital as a role model for excellent clinical governance.
- Always be approachable and accessible to patients, relatives and colleagues alike.
To succeed in this senior role you will need to have;
- Experience of planning and monitoring nursing rotas.
- Experience in audit’s and private bed knowledge.
- A track record of achievement in managing, leading and developing nursing practice.
- Proven experience of line managing and leading clinical teams and services. (Including roles such as; nursing services manager, head of clinical services and clinical services manager)
- In depth knowledge of the health care regulatory agenda and mechanisms.
- An ability to stabilise teams, re-engage and recognize them, driving standards of care and a passion for health.
- The ability to quickly understand the clinical challenges facing the hospital and build excellent relationships with internal customers (such as Consultants) and external bodies.
You must be a Registered General Nurse (RGN) with a full NMC Registration with previous experience as a Ward Manager within a surgical setting.
Rated as ‘Good’ by the CQC, Foscote Hospital was established in Banbury for almost 40 years and has provided services and treatments to thousands of people from across the region. We have over 50 consultants, all of whom are leaders in their specialist fields and choose to hold their private practices here, working alongside our friendly, highly qualified and experienced nursing and support teams.
The ownership of the hospital was transferred to our new management team on 1st April 2019. The New Foscote Hospital is now a family-owned business and provides clinical care to both private, insured and NHS patients, with a strong ethos on caring for our staff.
Extensive rejuvenation of the estate and updating of the clinical facilities has already started. Phase one of the projects, refurbishment of the outpatient area and reception is already completed. Phase 2 includes construction and set up of a comprehensive radiology service including CT and MRI.
The hospital has a 15-bed inpatient ward, currently one laminar-flow theatre, an endoscopy suite, ambulatory care suite, outpatient clinic suite with small procedures facility and on-site physiotherapy. Phase 2 also includes plans to increase theatre capacity.
The New Foscote Hospital is owned, managed and run by clinicians.
All colleagues are encouraged to feel empowered and to have an active voice on the management of their services.
Our organisation has strong IT, operational, clinical governance and accountancy support.
Please apply by using the form here.