Dr Selena Elcombe
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Childhood Trauma
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Schema-Focused Therapy
Training & Background
- Qualifications: BSc MSc DPhil
- Year first qualified: 1995
Dr Elcombe completed a research doctorate at the University of Oxford before training as a Clinical Psychologist. She worked in the NHS for 26 years, specialising in adults with complex problems.
Dr Elcombe has a particular interest in working with individuals who have experienced abuse in childhood and has run private clinics since 1999.
The main approaches she uses are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Schema-Focused Therapy and Interpersonal Psychotherapy.
- Health and Care Professions Council
- British Psychological Society
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy