The New Foscote Hospital want you to feel safe whilst you are visiting our website and to know we are committed to protecting your privacy, part of treating you with respect.
For the same reason, we made a decision to run a cookie free website. Data on website use is collected in an alternative, safe way.
No data, or any information from our website is made available to a third party, except for medical reasons, or as required by law.
Apart from a professional duty, we have an ethical belief in your right to privacy. The practice of sharing information for commercial reasons is not one we would follow.
Regulation & Your Rights
The Data Protection Act 2018 is in force, the UK’s implementation of EU wide, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This gives individuals more choice and control over how personal data is used, along with greater fairness and transparency.
The focus of regulation is on complex data gathering organisations, personal profiling and consent. Whilst we only gather data as part of an open, medical process, keeping in line with regulation makes sense.
The data controller for information collected via this website is The New Foscote Hospital’s Data Protection Officer and Governance Lead, Alex Zarneh. He can be contacted on 01295 252281.
Our lawful basis for processing your data is legitimate interest in meeting your requests. You will normally have freely provided this data, which is retained as long as needed and may be kept on record for future care.
You should be aware of your rights under GDPR:
- To know what information is collected (see below) and how – Generally supplied by you, via a form, or email.
- To understand how your data is used – The New Foscote Hospital only uses personal data for medical reasons.
- To access your data and have this corrected, or deleted – We are happy to comply within the month allowed.
- To know if your data will be shared – Other than internally, we may share data with medical services.
- To be aware of unknown, or untoward effects – More applicable to social, or ads, we knowingly cause no ill effect.
- Not to be subject to automated decision making, or profiling – Again, more ad, or social network related.
The information we collect via this website is:
- From medical enquiries made by you, via our website, by email, or through the use of forms and similar for job applications
- From other parties involved in your healthcare, such as your GP, your consultant and their secretaries.
If you have any queries on compliance, please contact us. You also have a right at any time to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about the way your data is managed.
Protecting Your Details
The same principles are applied to all who contact us, for medical, or cosmetic care. Our website is professionally built and maintained with security in mind.
Your personal details are regarded by us as your property and protected accordingly. Beyond the website itself, we have procedures in place to safeguard information collected online.
You are entitled to check any information we hold relating to you. Copies can be made available, providing reasonable notice is given. If you believe any information we have is incorrect, or incomplete, we will make appropriate changes.
Above all, we simply want you to be assured that we appreciate the need for medical facilities to protect information. We will always strive to do so and to follow regulatory guidance.