Mr Paul Rosen
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- Retinal & refractive surgery
Training & Background
- Qualifications: BSc MB ChB FRCS FRCOphth MBA
- Year first qualified: 1980
- GMC number: 2640390
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr Rosen completed medical training at Manchester University before specialist training at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. Registered with the General Medical Council as a Specialist in Ophthalmology, Mr Rosen then accepted a position as consultant ophthalmic surgeon at Oxford Eye Hospital in 1993. He was Head of Department from 1998 to 2004 and performs over 1,000 cataract/refractive surgical procedures each year between his NHS and private practices.
Research & Teaching
Mr Rosen is a senior lecturer at the University of Oxford. He also is an examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists for the Certificate in Refractive Surgery.
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- President of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- President European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Past President UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
- Registered with the General Medical Council as a Specialist in Ophthalmology
- Medical Editor for the Eurotimes ESCRS magazine
- Chairman of the Programme and Practice Management Committees of the ESCRS.