- Cataract replacement surgery
- Complex cataract surgery
- Retinal & refractive surgery
- Specialist lens implants
- YAG laser treatment
- Vision correction procedures
Training & Background
|Qualifications:||BSc MB ChB FRCS FRCOphth MBA|
|Year first qualified:||1980|
|Clinic times:||Second and last Friday of month|
Mr Rosen completed medical training at Manchester University in 1980. His interest in ophthalmology became apparent, before specialist training at the Prince Charles Eye Unit in Windsor, St Thomas’ Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
Entry to the GMC’s specialist register in ophthalmology came in 1996. Mr Rosen then accepted a position as consultant ophthalmic surgeon at Oxford Eye Hospital, serving as Head of Department from 1998 to 2004.
He is one the most experienced cataract and retinal surgeons in the UK, having performed over 25,000 procedures. His expertise is bespoke, or complex cataract surgery and managing the outcome of cataract, or laser surgery is invaluable to patients.
Mr Rosen endeavours to understand the visual requirements of each patient and matches the latest lens implant technology to their individual needs. Maximising their visual potential and their enjoyment of life.
His commitment to promoting quality in eye surgery is valued by colleagues and patients, as is his understanding and friendly manner.
Research & Teaching
Mr Rosen is a senior lecturer at the University of Oxford. He is also an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons in Glasgow and for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, for the Certificate in Refractive Surgery.
He established the retinal surgery service in Oxford and has trained 18 Fellows in this area of highly specialised surgery. He trains doctors from all over the world, at initial, or advanced levels and participates in courses on refractive cataract surgery.
As a past President of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons and the UK & Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Mr Rosen is widely respected. He is often invited to lecture on a worldwide basis.
He has over 50 publications in peer reviewed literature and edits specialist medical publications, including as a medical editor of Eurotimes.
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- President of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- President European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Past President UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
- Registered with the General Medical Council as a Specialist in Ophthalmology
- Medical Editor for the Eurotimes ESCRS magazine
- Chairman of the Programme and Practice Management Committees of the ESCRS.