Rationale & Costs
We understand that extensive NHS waiting lists are an aspect of choosing to fund your healthcare, although there are more reasons. An exceptional standard of care, access to the latest treatment and control of how this fits in with your life.
In many cases, you won’t need a GP referral and can approach us directly. Outline costs will be given at an early stage and following an appointment with one of our consultants, an accurate quote is provided before treatment, or surgery.
The medical care you receive is our focus but this is helped by ongoing advice and clear pricing, for peace of mind. You can contact us at any time, or see further details below.
To aid clarity, in most cases the treatment recommended by and agreed with your consultant will be in the form of a self-pay package created to meet your needs:
What is included:
- Routine pre-operative investigations
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anaesthetist’s fees
- Accommodation in one of our en-suite private rooms
- Care from our experienced nursing staff
- Medication and dressings
- Operating theatre costs
- Prosthesis (if required)
- Inpatient physiotherapy
- Your Initial consultation and certain diagnostic procedures are not included. A consultation will be in the region of £150-£250, any costs for tests, or scans will be explained before they take place.
- Other outpatient consultations, or ongoing care beyond agreed treatment.
You can see further detail by clicking on the arrows below:
- All consultant fees for the duration of your stay. The exception is your initial consultation, which is payable before the appointment.
- Fees for outpatient consultations with your consultant following treatment, or surgery are included, as clinically required in relation to your original procedure.
- All hospital services, for example, your private room, nursing services and operating theatre charges.
- Charges for an agreed prosthesis (where your procedure involves any prosthesis).
- Medication and other materials used during your stay.
- All additional costs necessary to provide your treatment, for example, hire of special instruments or equipment.
- Critical care charges including any transfers to other care facilities.
- Take home medication advised by your consultant, for up to 5 days after discharge, or for a defined course of treatment. For example, Pradaxa, or antibiotics, for the period recommended by your consultant.
- Outpatient treatment you may require after leaving the hospital which relates to your procedure, including routine physiotherapy, removal of sutures, removal/application of a plaster cast, routine radiology and walking aids. These items must be provided by The New Foscote Hospital.
- Any readmission within 30 days of discharge for clinical complications, identified by your consultant as arising directly from the treatment you received, This applies where you have followed the advice of your consultant, or other medical professionals involved in your care. and must take place at The New Foscote Hospital.
- A replacement prosthesis in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty, if the prosthesis fails during the expected lifetime.
- Any initial outpatient diagnostic services, other than those directly related to clinical, pre-operative assessment prior to admission.
- Fees for outpatient consultations before treatment, or surgery, which will be invoiced to you directly by your consultant, unless otherwise specified.
- Personal charges, for example, newspapers, telephone calls, guest meals and beverages
- Treatment of other conditions identified at pre-operative assessment which require a separate pathway of care.
- A replacement prosthesis where required due to normal wear and tear.
- Any long term care that may be required (whether provided at your home or otherwise).
- Any revision procedure which is not clinically required. Clinically required would mean where further intervention and/or monitoring is deemed necessary as a direct result of the original treatment.
- If you decide to stay at The New Foscote Hospital after being declared fit for discharge, this is not included in your package. The hospital’s standard charges will apply and you will be invoiced separately.
If you discharge yourself against the advice of your consultant, no further services will be provided as part of your package.
No refund will be given if you choose to leave the hospital earlier than expected.
The New Foscote Hospital will not cover the costs of any investigation, or treatment undertaken at other hospitals.
In a small proportion of cases, there may need to be a price adjustment following pre-operative investigation. In those cases we ensure that you are informed and updated as soon as possible.
If your Consultant agrees that the aesthetic outcome of your cosmetic treatment was not in line with the expected outcome, which was discussed and documented at your consultation, your self-pay package will include the cost of one episode of aesthetic revision treatment.
This must be identified by your Consultant within 6 months of your original treatment date. If you are unhappy with the outcome of any aesthetic revision treatment, further treatment can not be included in your original self-pay package.
Your consultation needs to be prepaid and the same applies to recommended treatment, or surgery, where full payment is required before this takes place.
You can make your payment by bank transfer, credit, or debit card at reception, or over the phone with our administration team.
If you wish to pay in cash, please note that the maximum payable is £8,000, in compliance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017.
If you are making a large, or sensitive payment, we can make a private room available for your transaction.
- For cancellations more than 14 days ahead of the planned treatment a full refund will be given.
- For cancellations between 14 days and 24 hours of planned treatment, you will be liable for the cost of any tests already undertaken and any items specifically ordered for your treatment, if they cannot be returned. These costs will be deducted from your payment before a refund is made.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of planned treatment or do not attend our hospital at the appropriate time, you will be liable for the full charge.
- If, following pre-operative assessment, your consultant determines that proceeding with treatment is not in your best interests, a full refund will be given.
- The quotation we provide will include consultants fees during your treatment. The Foscote Hospital will collect those fees as an agent for your consultant and anaesthetist, who are independent practitioners.
No refund will be given if you decide not to proceed with the treatment after admission to hospital or if you decide to discharge yourself, at any time, against the advice of your consultant or nursing staff.
Should you wish to stay in hospital after you have been declared fit for discharge, the hospital’s standard charges will apply and you will be invoiced separately.
Points above on cancellation need to be covered but this is unusual. Treatment normally proceeds as planned and in line with the quotation provided.
The focus of our consultants, doctors and nursing staff is on you returning to good health, although they appreciate that support on other matters is important.
For any advice you would like on pricing, or the range of diagnostic procedures and treatment we provide, please call 01295 252281, or click the enquire now link to email us at any time.