Dr Haytham Al-Rawi
- General adult dermatology
- Skin cancer
- Complex skin surgery (skin grafts/flaps)
- Mohs surgery
- Mole checks
- Botox for excessive sweating
- Skin excision
Training & Background
- Qualifications: BMedSci (Hons) MBBS MRCP FRCP
- Year first qualfied: 2002
- GMC number: 6077270
- Main NHS base: Solihull Hospital
Obtained his medical degree from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Medical School where he gained a distinction in pathology. He was also awarded the Treasurer’s prize for the best performance in his intercalated BMedSci degree, where he achieved a First Class Honours. After completing general medical training in London and the West Midlands, he began his general dermatology training at the nationally recognised Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
Dr Al-Rawi undertook a fellowship to specialise further in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, dermatological surgery and lasers at Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. This was consolidated further by working as a consultant dermatologist and dermatological surgeon at the world-renowned St John’s Institute of Dermatology at St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
Research & Teaching
Areas of Interest – Inflammatory dermatology eczema; Psoriasis; Dermatological Surgery; Mohs Micrographic Surgery; Acne; Lasers; Mole Assessment; Skin cancer; Removal of Skin lesions, Skin Lesions; excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis); skin rejuvenation (botox, fillers); Hair and Nail Disease. Rosacea; Skin Rash; Skin Surgery; Sebaceous Cyst; Skin Tag.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- European Academy of Dermatology & Venerology
- Midlands Dermatology Society
- Member of the West Midlands Skin Cancer Expert Advisory Group