Dr Raj Chari
Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist
- Tendon injections
- Joint injections
- Musculoskeletal intervention
- Soft tissue and bone biopsy
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MBBS MRCS MSc FRCR DIpESSR
- Year first qualified: 2001
- GMC number: 6072264
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr Chari was trained in Liverpool where he obtained a number of academic prizes. He then completed Fellowships at the McGill University in Montreal and Strasbourg in France. After completing these Dr Chari came to Oxford where he holds a post as a consultant musculoskeletal radiologist for the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Dr Chari provides musculoskeletal diagnostics, image-guided interventional service and clinical consultations. He is part of the multidisciplinary orthopaedic sarcoma board and regional sports and exercise medicine meeting as a part of the multidisciplinary OXSPORT team. The OXSPORT patients include national and international level elite athletes including runners, rowers, weight lifters, football, rugby and cricket players.
Research & Teaching
Dr Chari has an immense passion for research and academic activities. He has authored and co-authored a number of medical publications.
Dr Chari participates in CME activities regularly and speaks at a number of national and international conferences every year.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Member of European Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Member of British Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Member of Sports sub-committee of ESSR