- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Associate Member of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Associate Member of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Mr James Owen
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Hip and knee surgery
- Basic hand surgery
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MA MB BChir FRCS
- Year first qualified: 1992
- GMC number: 3673388
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals Trust
Mr. Owen is convinced that, as well as surgical expertise, good communication is vital in providing patients with the first-class service they deserve.
‘Patients should have confidence in the whole team and this requires a down-to-earth approach with a sensible and thorough explanation. Of course, communication is a two-way process and an excellent team is one that listens and responds to patients’ concerns.’
Research & Teaching
Mr Owen qualified at Cambridge University in 1992, then subsequently trained at a number of leading hospitals across the UK, including Cambridge, Norwich, Nottingham, Reading, Oxford and Derby. Internationally, Mr Owen has worked in the trauma unit at the Washington Hospital Centre in the USA and also completed a year’s fellowship in Brisbane, Australia, in 2003. Mr Owen has been a specialist knee consultant for the OUH NHS Trust since 2004.