Mr Kirana Arambage
- Menstrual disorders
- Postmenopausal disorders
- Fibroid removal
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MBBS DFFP MSc MRCOG
- Year first qualified : 2002
- GMC number: 6083459
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr Arambage undertook postgraduate training in the London and Eastern deaneries and an MSc in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy at the University of Surrey.
He then completed the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)/ATSM specialist training in advanced laparoscopic surgery. Mr Arambage won a RCOG Bernhard Baron travelling fellowship and a British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) travel scholarship to train in centres of excellence in France and Australia.
He is a consultant gynaecologist at the BSGE-accredited Endometriosis Care and Research (CaRe) Centre at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Research & Teaching
Mr Arambage is an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Oxford and is an accredited trainer in advanced laparoscopic/hysteroscopic surgery. He is also the lead for gynaecological endoscopic simulation training in the Oxford region.
In addition, he is a co-author of the most recent Cochrane review of the surgical treatment of endometriosis and has also co-authored the European guidelines on the management of distension media in operative hysteroscopy and RCOG consent guideline for laparoscopic surgery.
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopists