Mr Nikos Pyrovolou
Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
- Degenerative conditions of the cervical spine
- Degenerative conditions of the Lumbar spine
- Acute or chronic compression of the spinal cord
- Spinal trauma
- Spinal deformity
- Metastatic Spinal tumours
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MD
- Year first Qualified: 1999
- GMC number: 7027416
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospital & Great Western Hospital
Mr Pyrovolou graduated in medicine in 1999, from the Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki and later specialised in Orthopaedics in Athens.
He undertook a complex combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Spinal Fellowship and spent 1 year at Cardiff University hospital and a further 2 years at Oxford University hospital.
He was a previous resident in Orthopaedics Attikon University Hospital of Athens, Greece from 2004 – 2009 and was later GMC specialist registered in 2010.
Research & Teaching
Mr Nikos Pyrovolou is the clinical and educational supervisor of orthopaedic spinal registrars in Great Western Hospital. He is also the clinical supervisor of post CCT spinal fellows in Oxford University Hospitals.
He is also a faculty member of FRCS Oxfords Millers training course since 2010.