Mr Shad Khan
Consultant General & Endocrine Surgeon
Training & Background
- Qualifications: MBBS MD FRCA FRCS
- Year first qualified: 2003
- GMC number: 6077810
- Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals Trust
Mr Shad Khan is Consultant Endocrine & General Surgeon based at the Oxford University Hospitals.
He completed his surgical training in London before embarking upon a fellowship in the prestigious Oxford Endocrine Unit.
He works for various charities and performs hernia surgery in Africa and South America.
Research & Teaching
Mr Shad Khan has published book chapters in endocrine surgery.
He has also been published regularly in areas of endocrine surgery.
Mr Khan regularly presents and teaches at the British Association of Endocrine & Thyroid Surgeons (BAETS) and European Association of Endocrine Surgeons (ESES) international meetings.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- British Association of Endocrine & Thyroid Surgeons
Mr Khan practices as a Consultant Surgeon in Oxford (having taken over from Mr Greg Sadler) and in London specialising in:
- Day case surgery
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Normocalcaemic/normohormonal hyperparathyroidism
- Scan negative (where scans have not shown any adenoma)
- Redo surgery – where previous operations have failed to cure
- MEN syndrome/Tertiary hyperparathyroid/parathyroid cancer
- Suspicious nodules/cancer
- Thyroid nodules
- Overactive thyroid/Graves’ disease
- Multinodular/Retrosternal goitre
- Keyhole surgery via retroperitoneal approach
- Adrenal nodules
- Conn’s syndrome
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Cancer and metastasis
- Specialising in local anaesthetic hernia repair
- Inguinal/groin hernias
- Umbilical/Paraumbilical hernias
- Epigastric hernias
- Incisional hernias
- Keyhole and open operations
Mr Khan accepts NHS e-referral (choose and book) patients for Hernia Surgery.
To book an appointment please call 01865 307441 or email Shadkhan.email@example.com if you have any questions.